Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bad Game

Guinness began traveling everywhere with me and Hershey last fall. Two weeks after Hershey’s demise, the poinsettia incident occurred (see Dec. 1, 2005). Now I do not leave him in the car for more than two seconds with any purchases within his grasp. However, all this time, my anti-sciatica wedge seat cushion has been in the driver’s seat. I have been uneasy about it, but they were vain worries. The center console of my car houses buttons which lock/unlock the vehicle and turn the flashers on/off. The car is usually flashing as I return to it. When Grant drives my vehicle, he uses my seat cushion to cover the buttons. Even though the cushion has been placed in front of the nose of a gluttonous dog, he has not touched it.

Advice to new puppy owners always includes: never allow the puppy to do things which you will not want him doing when grown, even though these actions are cute in the puppy stage. After raising four puppies, we are slow learners.

Guinness loves grabbing something he knows he is not to have and playing Catch-Me-If-You-Can. The game went to extremes today as he careened downstairs repeatedly, found a rag in the laundry room, ran around the coffee table keeping me at bay, all the while begging me to chase him using his intense, mischievous puppy eyes. Each time I laughed hysterically (except the one time my Brighton purse was in his mouth!) and playfully made attempts to catch him while he eluded my grasp at each round. Sometimes he was running in a circle around the coffee table and me! It was quite funny when the object in danger was insignificant.

Tonight while I was shopping, he decided that playing with the cushion might make a fun game. Maybe it was fun for him, but I was not there to join in the game. Now the cushion is no more.



1 comment:

Karin said...

Poor cushion :(