Friday, August 11, 2006

And he wasn't even present!

Today I went to the vet’s office to pick up more eye medicine for Guinness’s conjunctivitis. No clients were there when I arrived; only the new vet and several of the women on staff were present. The vet immediately said, “No one has nibbled on my ear this week.” He told the staff that I had taken pictures, and I informed him that he is on my blog now.

“I just bought Cesar Millan’s book. Do you think it will help?” No one knew what it was, so I told them that it is about understanding dog behavior.

The vet said, “It probably would help with a normal dog, but your dog is a different kind of creature.”

I said I was there to pick up more eye medicine as Guinness is going to his pet hotel for the coming week and I wanted them to put it in his eyes as I cannot. The vet joked, “It will probably take four of them to do it.”

One of the women cajolingly commented, “He is a very happy dog.”

As I was paying for the med, I mentioned to Debbie, “Believe it or not, Hershey was just like Guinness when he was a puppy. But, I guess he was a bit hyper when he came here even as an old dog, though he was well behaved.”

She replied, “Hershey was a happy dog. Guinness is insane.” With that, we all cracked up.

Between howls, I told her, “You are going to be quoted in my blog!”

No comments: