Thursday, November 16, 2006

Comprehension

You remember my story about “Leave It” in the last post two days ago. Well, he shocked us with his comprehension skills again today!

Grant is usually up before I am, and often tells Guinness to go upstairs and wake me up around 7. This morning, he jumped on the bed and rooted his nose under my head to get me up. When I came downstairs, Grant was in the shower. I stood in front of the TV watching the news with Guinness sitting staring at me. After a while, he started barking in a high pitched voice and jumping at me. I figured he needed to go potty, so we went outside. He refused to leave the patio. That was not his problem. Surely, he had already had his breakfast, but I went to Grant’s shower to ask. “Yes, he has had breakfast and gone potty #1 and #2.”

So I asked, “Then why is he barking and jumping at me.”

“Well, I told him to go wake Mommy up and have her make me a coffee. He wants you to make the coffee.”

2 comments:

Karin said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAA! ROFL! Cute!

Harley recently ATE 30 yards of Basic Grey scrapbooking ribbon, cards and all... so he is in the dog house... :(