Thursday, November 04, 2010

Shopping Diva

Guinness LOVES to go shopping, but there are few places that allow him: my plant nursery, pet stores, and that's about it. I did go into a plate glass store recently, and they told me to bring him in! They had two Doberman puppies. Here is their fun...

Our grocery store is next door to PetsMart. He ALWAYS hopes, when I go grocery shopping, that we will go food shopping for him too, but that is not nearly as often as our trips for human food. This evening, I parked near the grocery store entrance. He was barking like a mad dog, as usual, with his barks saying, "Please, Mommy, please take me shopping!" He didn't like my answer, so he pushed me out of the car, ran across the parking lot while I yelled to everyone who froze in their places, "He's very friendly! He wants to go shopping!" Everyone was focusing on this crazy dog racing to the pet store. As he neared PetsMart, I heard someone say, "He IS going shopping!" The store has automatic doors, which parted, allowing him entrance all by himself. They also have interior automatic doors, but, thankfully, he made a sharp turn to the left where the shopping carts are stashed.

I ain't no dummy. I always put him in the car with his leash ON, for such instances as this. Luck was with me! The leash caught on the wheels of a cart. Meanwhile, I noted everyone INSIDE the store was staring at us too! Oh, my... Then I had to usher him in the store to explain how much he loves shopping before returning to my vehicle which still had the driver's door open.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

LOL! I can just imagine this happening! GREAT image!