Friday, June 23, 2006

Another Major Advancement

I have been thinking for the last few weeks that we are ready to try leaving him uncrated for a few minutes. There hasn’t been a time yet when I really wanted to try that – either he was going with me or I would be away too long. Today, it was too warm for him to make a brief half hour trip with me. I took him to the sofa on the lower level, told him “down/stay.” As soon as I picked up my keys, he was behind me, but I told him he had to “wait.” When I returned a half hour later, he was at the door to greet me, and the house was exactly as I had left it. Hurray! Then I continued my day and realized he was not around. I looked downstairs, and there he was lounging on the sofa. I assume he stayed there while I was away too. What a good boy!

No comments: