Friday, June 23, 2006

Teaching Mom Who's Boss


I rented a dog video (“Eight Below”) recommended by a friend, to watch this evening while home alone. Guinness is not used to Mommy watching TV. He begged for my attention again and again. I was sitting with my feet on a hassock. He climbed up on the hassock, then tried to walk up my legs. His next ploy for attention was jumping around in the kitchen with something he was not supposed to have – the hand lotion bottle. He had not touched that or the soft soap container in months. Except for dish cloths, he is very good about leaving things on the kitchen counter alone. But he was desperate for attention. From the kitchen, he went to the dining room, of course. I closed the door, and the chase was on. He ran upstairs. When I reached the top, he ran down. I chased him out of the dining room again; back upstairs. I closed us into the master bedroom and he raced in circles around me. When he paused, I nabbed his collar, and he forfeited the prize. Thankfully, there were no holes in the bottle.

No comments: