Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hotel Stay, June 24 - 26

We had Cousin Camp with four couples gathering to have a gabbing good time! Gary and Ruth brought little Sam, a Yorkie, and Guinness came with us since the Microtel allowed pets. At 11:30 Saturday night, Grant was in bed, I was getting ready for bed when the room phone rang. It was the front desk saying that the people in the room under us were complaining of thumping on the floor. I said, “That is strange. My husband is in bed and I am washing my face and cleaning my contacts, but I am not thumping my foot.” After I hung up, I considered that perhaps Guinness jumping off the bed could make a thump beneath us.

The next morning, I asked at the desk if the people beneath us were still there. “No, they checked out this morning.”

“I wonder if the thumping they heard was pipes in the wall.”

“I don’t know what they heard, but, when they checked out, they said that they heard thumping at 1:30, 4:30, and 6:30.”

I said, “Maybe it was ghosts!” but I was thinking … uh-oh… Every time Guinness heard something in the night, he jumped off the bed and ran to the door barking. And the timing was about the same as when they heard thumps.

The second night, Guinness was used to the hotel situation and never jumped off the bed to bark at exterior noises. It was somewhat of a treat for us to sleep in a queen size bed instead of a double with a 78 pound dog.

No comments: