Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chocolate Hound

Melanie had invited me to dinner tonight and I was bringing dessert.  But. . .  Guinness found a 70% cocao chocolate bar I had left within reach and gobbled it up.  It was Saturday late afternoon.  I couldn't call my vet, and didn't want to pay for the emergency animal clinic.  So I called my vet nephew.  He said I MUST make him vomit.  Chocolate can cause liver damage.  He told me to give him a dropper of Hydrogen Peroxide.  I called Melanie to say I couldn't come.  I had to stay home and wait for Guinness to vomit.  She INSISTED I come.  We could leave him in her fenced backyard to vomit.  Besides, I didn't have a child's medicine dropper and she did.  So, I succumbed to her invitation and brought Guinness to her backyard. 

I have not put this on the blog before, so I must insert it here.  Guinness LOVES, I mean LOVES Melanie.  He knows the sound of her engine!!!!  When she drives up behind my condo, he KNOWS it is her before she ever gets out of her car!  And he KNOWS where she lives and how to get there.  As soon as I get off the highway, he knows he is either going to the vet (whom he also LOVES) or to Melanie's.  Once we pass the vet's office, he knows the destination and goes ballistic.  I mean BALLISTIC!!!!!  There is NO keeping him in the car once we pull into her driveway.  He is OUT of the car like a shot from a gun.  Oh my. . .   Even though they have a big labradoodle, her boys are intimidated by Guinness's wild exuberance.  So. . .  we gave him his "medicine," and put him in her back yard.  Of course, he needed company, so we were spent much of the evening outside too.  By 9:00, it had been three hours, and he still had not vomited.  I took him home.  And I closed him in a bathroom where it would be easy to clean up.  He finally vomited around 11pm. 

1 comment:

Mélanie Schrauwers said...

It is so nice to read these!! I loved him too!!! I am sooo glad I got to see him in the spring again!!!