Sunday, May 20, 2012

Roaming Woods

Guinness and I drove to my hometown today to be with cousins and sister-in-law.  The purpose of the trip was to decorate our parents' graves for Memorial Day. 

While at their cabin, I let Guinness run free.  There were no fences, only woods surrounding us.  He stayed within the large area of woods with mowed grass and did not venture beyond.  We decided to take a hike up the hill where we used to play as kids.  I have not gone up there in years as there are now bears in them thar woods!  I felt safe with my husky cousin along, and my cousins thought Guinness would be just fine in the woods off leash as labs usually do not go out of sight.  I had never really tested Guinness, so we tried.  I panicked a few times initially, because he would run until he was out of sight, but, after a few seconds, he would reappear.  Whew!  He was a very good boy!  




No comments: