Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Jumping Bean

Friday, I was taking Guinness out of his crate and clipping on his leash for an outdoor adventure. He decided to jump up as he rushed out of the crate, smashing my face and leaving two cuts. Saturday, we were allowing him to wander around the den. He came over to me as I was sitting on my desk chair. Apparently, he likes pretty jewelry as much as flowers. With no warning, he vaulted, hooked my necklace, sent my beads streaming across the floor with the remaining necklace dangling from his mouth. Today, we were allowing him some time in the den again. This time, I was printing some photos with my PictureMate printer. He liked the output tray. Surreptitiously, he pulled it off with one quick leap, breaking a tiny part of its hinge. While I was collecting my printer pieces from the floor, Grant exclaimed, “He has ruined our carpet!” He had found a loose fiber and yanked it out of the backing. And our dog training instructor thinks he should not be crated all the time when he is not outside?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed! I can see why anyone would want a lab puppy! (as long as you don't care about your person, your stuff, or your home). I can't wait to get one of my very own... :-]

He must be a real charmer for you to forgive it all.