Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mommy is a bad nurse

I have two medications to give Hershey, each with an applicator syringe. One is watery and the other is creamy. The watery one was easy to administer. The creamy med would not suck up into the syringe, so I called the office to find out what I was doing wrong. They walked me through it, but it still was too thick for the skinny syringe. They suggested that I pull the plunger out, pour the medicine in, then reinsert the plunger to shoot it into Hershey’s mouth, which I did. However, it was still too thick to push out. I jammed it, there was a sudden pop, and all the medicine was in his mouth. Don’t cheer too soon! I tried to refill it to complete the dose. The stuff ran out of the other end of the syringe. The insertion end of the syringe had popped off and Hershey had swallowed it!

2 comments:

Karin said...

LOL - did he like it?

Nina said...

He didn't complain!