Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Puppy on the loose? NOT!

Tonight was class 5. I had a disagreement with our teacher at the end of class. She was suggesting ways to incorporate the puppy into family life. I sat there thinking, this woman has NO idea what Guinness is like. So after class, I had a little discussion/argument about puppies in houses. “He stays in his crate until we take him outside. Apparently you don’t know what a lab is like. He is into something constantly. Even our breeder said that he should remain in the crate until he is two years old.” She thought that was absolutely absurd. I told her, “Our house is not puppy proof, and I am not going to make it puppy proof. I would like to see you let him loose in your house.” Of course, she thought she was up to that challenge. Ha! I briefly related my stories about Hershey and that he became the perfect dog at 10 mos. when we moved to CAL. She didn’t believe me! But it is literally true. She insisted that we can do sit stays and down stays. I beg your pardon! We are only doing them for a minute or two, not an hour or two! Then she said, “You are paying a lot of money to not take our advice.” Good grief! I wanted to scream!!! I suggested that she read my blog of the trouble he can cause while we are standing there watching him. I also expressed my hope that he will become the perfect dog at 10 mos. She replied that I am wishing for a dream. Grrrrrr

No comments: