Thursday, December 01, 2005

Anthropomorphisms

Guinness is doing soooo well around the house!!! Tuesday, my thoughts were -- I wonder if Hershey knew it was time for Guinness to leave the crate, and he did not wish to be constantly pummeled by a puppy. Or he could have considered that his job of training Guinness was finished, thus he could move on. Guinness is still a mischief maker, and we have to keep him in the same room we are in. He really is cute and so reminiscent of Hershey as a puppy. Being the same breed, he even looks the same as Hershey did at that age. It's almost like we didn't lose Hershey. We just went Back to the Future.

Wednesday, an alternate idea struck me to explain his calm conduct outside the crate: perhaps Guinness understands that he needs to replicate Hershey’s respectable behavior.

Regardless of his desire to be “a good boy,” his adolescence sometimes supersedes his intentions. Thursday, I took Guinness with me to run errands. Our first stop was a housewares store where I found a sale on small poinsettias. I bought several and placed them on the front passenger seat floor where I hoped they would be safe. I accomplished two more projects before reality reminded me that Guinness is a “flower dog!” He had eaten all of one plant, spilling dirt all over the front passenger seat, floor, and console. At 5:58 PM, I pulled into my car wash as they were preparing to close. When they saw my mess, they agreed to be Good Samaritans.

1 comment:

Karin said...

yikes! Are poinsettias poisonous to dogs? I've heard they are to cats.