Friday, April 21, 2006

The Birthday Boy

Daddy bought him a marrow bone to celebrate his big day. He is playing prince and enjoying his treat on our bed.

He chose to be on our bed, because, for the past two weeks, we have been allowing him to roam the house rather than be barricaded into the room where we are. The experiment went exceptionally well initially, but his self-control is deteriorating. In recent days, he:
- Plucked a plastic envelope containing my alphabet stickers. Fortunately, the stickers fell out, but the envelope is in a thousand pieces.
- Uprooted most of the plant in the living room.
- Grabbed my sweater off the sofa, but I realized he was into mischief before any damage was done.
- Took objects from wastepaper baskets and demolished them.
- Swiped a topical med bottle.
- Found my new toothbrush from my recent dentist appointment and opened the package.
That is enough shenanigans to warrant lose of freedom.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Happy Birthday, Hershey! - Oops, I mean Guinness!! Many happy returns. Don't give Grant and Nina any more gray hairs they have to cover up, eh?