Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Howl-O-Ween

PetSmart had a party tonight. A photographer was available for photos, then a costume party began at 7:00. We went early to try to get the heebie-geebies out of Guinness first. He is soooo crazy when we go to a pet store. He just LOVES the shopping experience with so many friends to give him attention! He leaps and yelps and appears to want to trample everyone in the store. We walked around the store for several minutes to get him calmed down a bit. The store manager spoke to us and asked if a treat would help. I said, “No! That would make it worse!” Then he queried if I had considered training. “Yes, he has passed Advanced Obedience at PetSmart! He is perfect in the classroom.” I knew that we could not stand in line to wait for his turn for a picture like every other sane dog in the world. When the line was very short, we took our chances waiting. He did OK. Then when it was his turn for a photo shot, look how professional he was as a model! I am sure he did a much better job of posing than most.

Then we continued our walk around the store. Since I knew their shot did not focus on his costume, I took one.

Do you know what he is? He is a glass of Guinness – complete with a foam head on top! I can’t believe it, but he did not win the contest. What were they thinking???

1 comment:

Karin said...

Ha :)