Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Beat Goes On

Today was another jackpot: all eight dogs were there at one time! Guinness has now discovered that he can play the mitten game with all the humans at doggie park. He attempted to pull off Ellen’s, Susan’s, and Douglas’s gloves. He succeeded with Susan. She asked if he would ruin them. “No, he will just slime them.” With Cheerios in pocket, it was a quick retrieve.

Guinness followed Frank as he left to go home, hoping for one more treat from the Candyman. I had to run across the entire field as Guinness totally ignored my commands. Frank turned around to keep Guinness from running farther towards the street. I decided that I would tell him my seismic decision, as he loves to harass me about my nationality and political views. I have decided that all the Republican frontrunners are too liberal for me, so I am thinking of voting for Obama. AND I read last night that Rush is saying the same thing! If we have to have a liberal in office, Obama is my choice. Instead of badgering me for turning my back on conservatives, he harangued on why anyone would listen to what Rush has to say.

This afternoon, I went to the grocery store for several non-grocery items. While there, I thought, I decided to buy Grant more of his favorite cheese – extra old and not cheap. I placed my groceries on the floor of the front seat. Since the cheese and some bananas were the only appealing items, I thought they would be safe for five minutes while I ran into the drugstore. NOT! When I returned, Guinness was playing with a plastic wrap. I knew it had come from the cheese which was certainly gone.

Grant walked in the door tonight, poured a glass of wine, and asked if I had bought any more cheese for him. I looked at Guinness who was sitting politely on the kitchen floor looking back and forth from me on his right to Grant on his left with his right eyebrow raised while looking at me and the left one raised while looking at Grant. I think he understood the conversation.

Later, we were talking to Kevin on the phone. Grampy told him that Guinness had eaten his cheese. Kevin said, “But that isn’t on the blog.” Well, it is now.

No comments: