Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Just Being Helpful, Mom

Epiphany has come and gone. Today I started removing Christmas – always a sad thing to do. The stairways have been festooned with garland, ribbons, beads, and gold silk roses for about 6 weeks. Guinness has not tampered with any of it or any other Christmas decorations at all. Although, I did not line the stairs with stuffed animals this year. That would have been too much of a temptation. In fact, I think he has enjoyed the decorations. I had not even started to remove the stair decorations. Apparently, he wanted to help, so he started undoing the stairs by pulling a silk rose out of the garland! He definitely did not want me to take it from him. He put up a chase in spite of offered treats. Then he did what he rarely does – played the part of the flower dog that he used to be and pulled the leaves off the stem!

No comments: