Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Scalawag

Grant was up and gone before I was out of bed. Guinness awakened me at 6:47 to get me up for playtime. I waited 10 minutes before rolling out of bed. Getting into the car was a challenge again. He wanted to run around the car before jumping in but it was pulled up too closely at the front. I had to back the car up slightly to make room for him to make a loop of the car, then he jumped in.

Doggie park was a frigid 12 degrees! Mattie and Riley both arrived about 10 minutes after us. Venus and the moon were beautiful in the clear pre-dawn sky.

Guinness was particularly persistent upon grabbing my mittens off my hands this morning. After the game became weary and my hands were freezing, I walked around like I a robbery victim with my hands in the air. He made one more swipe for a mitten as he jumped in the car, then took off, mitten in mouth. As I drove home, he tugged on my neck scarf! Fortunately, he did not become aggressive in this pursuit and choke me. As I took off my layers of outer clothing, he repeatedly tried to grab my Uggs. I finally was getting the message that perhaps this boy had not had his breakfast. Grant was unavailable for verification, so I gave him a partial bowl of food. Later I learned that that was his second breakfast of the morning.

No comments: