Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nothing to do with dogs, but I won again!

My family has always chided me for blabbering too much information to strangers. Sometimes there are embarrassing consequences; other times there are positive outcomes.

I bought Greg a cute car photo frame a few years ago. It has sat on a stand in his living room with no picture for a long time. So I searched Greg and Cathi’s photos and found one of their engagement pictures on wedding professional photo CD that is perfect for the frame. I took it to Wal-Mart, but it would not work in the customer-access machine, so the employee had to search the CD for the right photo and then do the cropping necessary to make their faces fit in the frame. It took quite a bit of time – at least half an hour. Fortunately, no other customers came along during that time. We chit-chatted at length; she knows the story why I am here in TX and about Greg and Cathi’s wedding last year. She told me her life story – a romance with her Wal-Mart supervisor that began three years ago with a wedding coming up this summer. When we finally had the photo as I wanted it, she said, “Just take it.” I insisted that I couldn’t do that! She had spent a long time working on my project! But she wouldn’t tell me what it cost and shooed me away.



.

No comments: