Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who is More Logical?

I have not included this information in Guinness’s blog, but here is the REAL story:

Sunday, July 20, 2008

We slept in this morning until 8:20. Guinny was closed in the den and was just fine. I took him out to go potty. At noon, we went out to lunch without taking him out again first. We were home at 2:00, and there was a yellow puddle on the kitchen floor. ?? :-0 Poor boy! I took him out and he peed.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We had been outside all morning while I worked in the garden. Between 1:00 and 2:00, he asked to go potty. It was pouring rain outside, so I decided he didn’t need to go. The next time I walked past the kitchen, there was a huge lake – same place as on Sunday! So I called the vet to have a urine test. Grant picked up the equipment on the way home.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The vet’s office gave me a sterile bowl and a bottle for collection. Guinness stuck his face in the bowl before he ever went potty. :\ So, when he did go, I had to catch it with the little bottle. Thankfully, it is easy to wash hands! We immediately delivered it to the office, and I took him in to weigh him. He is 67 lbs., so he has gained .2 lbs. in the past 2 weeks! Yay!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The urinalysis is normal except for a slightly elevated ph level.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mid-day, we noticed that there was a small puddle in the kitchen – like he had marked a spot – the same spot.

Now today – Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This morning, I noted that the wallpaper near the floor where Guinness had peed was stained. I thought, oh – no…, he lifted his leg! Then I noted that there were stains under the window sill and on the sill. I closed the blinds and saw that the upper side of the blinds were water stained and warped. I called our condo neighbor who looks after construction/landscaping problems. He pronounced that the caulking on that window is useless. I told him that the eave above that window is too small to handle the amount of water coming off the roof and pours over the edge like Niagara Falls. Thus, it is pouring on the window, seeping through the deteriorated grouting, and ruining the interior decorating.

When Grant came home tonight, I showed him the stained wallpaper and warped blind. His response: “It wasn’t Guinness’s fault.”

“What?”

“It wasn’t Guinness’s fault.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You have been falsely accusing him. He never peed on the floor.”


I don’t know if this is good news or bad news…

1 comment:

Karin said...

yuck :(