Friday, June 05, 2009

How is Guinness Doing?


He is not allowed to increase his activity for a few weeks. He is tolerating his new lifestyle of being crated 24/7. I am proud of him! :) We are off medications except the anti-biotic which ends tomorrow, so that is a relief. But now I am to place a hot pad on the joint for 10 min. 2-3 times daily. He likes the cuddle time, but 5 min. is all he wants. I am also to try exercising the leg while we cuddle, but that isn’t working either. His surgeon asked me the other day if he tries to “trot” when out for potty breaks. Then she said, “Be truthful.” OK… yes, he trots. She said we MUST keep him from trotting or the surgery will be wasted.

I did buy him a new cushy pad for his crate yesterday so that it doesn't scooch around like this one. Also this one needed a washing, so it is good to have two.
Here is in new pad staying in postion. Did you know that Mommy and Daddy sleep beside him on the sofa bed? :)

No comments: