Thursday, May 06, 2010

Will I See My Dog in Heaven?

How can heaven be heaven if my dog is not there?! I have gathered opinions of theologians and some others on this issue, plus I have written out my thoughts on the topic. I was pleased to find this book at Calvin College during The Festival of Faith and Writing. I set it on the stairs to place beside my bed for reading sometime soon. After I read this, perhaps I will post my ideas on this topic which, I hope, will be bolstered by this book.

I found Guinness running around the house with my book in his mouth!!! You can see some scratches on the cover, but everything is in tact. He rarely ruins anything anymore, but he might leave teeth marks.


Now I wonder... maybe Guinness will not go to heaven after all... if he is going to steal my books!!!!

2 comments:

Kevin Saldanha said...

Hi Nina,

Your LinkedIn profile name popped up as a contact today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that you were still into Chocolate Labs.

the topic of this book was a revelation for me several years ago which I chronicled briefly for the United States Humane Society here:
http://www.hsus.org/animals_religion/francis-files-stories/catholicism_to_humanism_112907.html

Noelle said...

Nina, in Heaven you will have anyone you need for your happiness. : )