Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kevin at Chautauqua!

Kevin is with Guinny and me at Chautauqua now. I took Kevin on a walk around the community to show him where his children's program will be meeting -- in a building not far from our condo and at the lakeshore at the other end of the property. Guinness came with us. When we came close to the lake at one point, he was going to drag me into the lake, so I had to let him go. It was over his head there, so he had his very first swimming experience! I was far too busy to pull out my camera, as he became entangled in the roping and bobs around the public swimming beach. Thankfully, no one was there swimming and I could reach the roping from the shore! Beyond that, he was still over his head and beside a cement retaining wall. There were steps off a dock adjacent, but to get him to go to the steps, I had to go down them with my sneakers on to guide him out. Whew!

We continued our travels, showing Kevin Palestine Park -- a geographically correct replica of The Holy Land complete with little cities, Jordan River, Dead Sea, and the lay of the land from North to South.

After looping around The Boys' & Girls' Club, we walked through the woods and experienced Thunder Bridge. We continued on to the Amphitheater and heard the Choir singing. Since I no longer have a babysitter, I could not sing in the Song Service tonight. We stood outside the gates with Guinness and listened to a couple of songs.

Next stop was The Refectory for ice cream. We tied Guinness to a bench. He has learned to be a very good boy when we tie him and leave him. Then we sat with him to eat our ice cream.


It was twilight as we walked home, so the bats were coming out! We saw them high in the trees and then flying over our heads as we walked to the gate on the way to our condo.

No comments: