Thursday, January 05, 2006

Caught Red-Handed


When we started letting Guinness wander the den, that included having access to the bathroom where his food and water are. Since there are interesting items to be found in a bathroom, particularly the toilet brush, I place such things in the tub to keep them out of his reach. Recently, he has proven that he can grasp items near the side of the tub, so I moved them to the far side. This morning, I heard strange sounds from the bathroom. He was IN the tub with a soap dish in his mouth. He had a taste of the soap long ago. We have never had a dog jump into a bathtub, but, after he was in and out of it several times today, I realized why. He is learning to jump barricades in school! The side of the tub is an easy barricade to surmount. Now when I find him in the tub, I only need to give the command “Jump” and he jumps. Too bad husbands aren’t trained that well.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Such a little rascal and not getting less spunky just yet!! And, boy, he's getting big, too.