Monday, March 26, 2007

Drenched

It is still March, but we had a teeming April thunderstorm most of the morning. After lunch, the sun was shining brilliantly, it was 51 F, and the grass even is beginning to look green! In spite of the gorgeous day, I didn’t want to take Guinny for a walk outside due to the mud. We headed for Home Depot. After wearing off some energy, I continued driving around town accomplishing some errands. Being a warm day, I rolled the back windows down about 3 inches. One stop was at the bookstore to buy gifts which took some time. While browsing, I heard torrential rains and looked out the window to see the rain pelting down on a strong slant. Surely Guinness was getting wet, but I was not about to soak myself for the sake of keeping a water dog dry. By the time I finished shopping, the rain had almost stopped. I found a drenched Guinness sitting in the front seat. The back seat was far wetter than I had imagined it could be. I dried him off with a towel. Before banning him to the back seat, I saw that there was white fluff all over it. I assumed that Guinness had made mincemeat of his stuffed toy, so I picked it up off the floor to see what he had done. There was nothing wrong with it. I reached back to see what the fluff could be. Hailstones!!! As large as lima beans!!! Poor baby! He had sat through a hail storm. By the time we reached home, some were still not melted, so I grabbed my camera.

No comments: