Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Things that go wrong when Mom is busy

I leave for Texas tomorrow, so I had much to do today. Guinness needed a good big walk and got into mud from yesterday’s rain necessitating a bath. In cool weather, I hook a hose up to the laundry room sink to have warm water and bathe him outside the garage. He was too wet to allow in the house, so I barricaded him on the deck in the sun and gave him a large pressed rawhide bone to keep him happy until he was dry. It kept him happy for two hours until it was entirely devoured. He has had them before will no ill effects. Today was going to prove differently.

Interesting items that he stole today included a frozen banana I had left on the counter to thaw for making banana muffins and Greg’s property tax bill from my desk. I bought some groceries this afternoon, but was too busy with pressing business to finish putting them away. The next time I passed through the kitchen, there was nothing left of the new loaf of bread except a bit of the wrapper and one crust.


Caught with a crumb on his face!

He was banished to his crate for overnight as we suspected that he might vomit.

No comments: