Monday, March 19, 2007

Too Much Energy

I was away for the weekend at a Crop-A-Lot Retreat, the company I founded! If you ever want a fabulous retreat to accomplish some scrapbooking, go to a CAL Retreat! (www.cropalot.com) They are they best! The new owners put on a fabulous retreat. I spent my weekend working on dog albums. I had created a darling “Genuine Boy” mini album at CKU two years ago. I completed the album with photos of Guinness from 5 days old to a few months old, and carried it in my purse to show off. One day, it was no where to be found. I was sure it would turn up somewhere, but it has not. So I took my class instructions and more of the Genuine Boy papers and recreated the pages to which I now need to add photos again. The second thing I worked on was Hershey’s album. I got a good start on it right after we lost him, but then Guinness was old enough to be out of his crate all day. If I try to scrap, he plays the Gingerbread Man game with my supplies. I have had to cover my paper rack with an old sheet, because he started pulling my scrapbooking paper and cardstock out of my rack. Really attractive, don’t you think? And you will note that the wrapping paper covered box on top, holding pages from classes, had some of the wrapping paper ripped off when it sat on a low shelf. I wonder who did that?

I think I might be able to get back to scrapping now, but maybe not, as you will read…

Due to being away, being tired, being lazy, plus with bad weather for an excuse, Guinness has not had a walk since Friday. Due to missing mommy over the weekend, not having enough activity, no one to play with, and not having had a walk since Friday, Guinness had a potpourri of thieveries: hand towel, portable phone, paper out of trash, important envelope off Daddy’s desk, camera case, seat cushion, and on and on. The funny thing is that he steals something, goes to the dining room, lies down with it, and waits for me to check on him to see what he is up to. Then he grabs whatever it is, and runs around the house forcing me to be the retriever. Destruction is not his goal, though sometimes that happens just from being in his mouth full of canine teeth. I got the message: tomorrow he HAS to wear off his energy with a long walk.

No comments: