Friday, May 15, 2009

Goofy Guinness

Coming home from NC, I stopped overnight at a college friend's house in WV. We had talked on the phone, so she knew I was about to arrive any minute and left the front door wide open. I pulled into the driveway, opened the car, Guinness galloped out before I could grab his leash, ran straight through the front door, down the hall, through the kitchen, and THROUGH the screen to the deck!!!! By the time I caught up with him, I saw the broken screen door and commented, "I'm glad one of your grandchildren broke the door before Guinness did." The response was, "Guinness did it." :-0 Oh, my...

He was pretty crazy all evening, so I had to keep him on leash to keep him with me and not tearing through their house. By Friday morning, he was much more calm, and was even a bit gentlemanly. (Is that possible???)

I had to blog the door episode, so before we left Friday morning, Ruth took him outside so that he could demonstrate the doggie door he had created for himself.



No comments: