Sunday, May 04, 2014

Home From His First Pet Resort Vacation



This afternoon, I checked Toby out of his resort.  The person at the counter was the counselor who supervised his Playtime from 9 – 3 on Friday.  She said he had a BALL playing with all the other dogs (about 10).   Saturday, she was the person to take him swimming.  He put his front paws in, but would go no further.  He didn’t want anything to do with it.  She says she would go in the water with him the next time or throw him in.  I wish I had a creek or body of water to let him see what it is like!  They said he was a very good boy and had a good time.  When they let him out of his suite once, he escaped and ran down the aisle from them.  Ha!  He has spunk!  It is showing up more and more!  He did not exhibit any anxiety.  The suites have 3 walls and a glass door.  The walls and door do not go to the ceiling.  It is about a 3'X5' room.


He expressed his happiness at seeing me by jumping on me with a bit too much energy and clawed my arm making it bleed in several spots!!! 

As usually happens when my dogs return from the resort, he has been VERY tired since coming home.  Though we did take time for some training exercises.  I can walk him with minimal tugging now!  We haven’t conquered “Leave it” yet, and I can’t do “Drop it,” because he isn't interested in holding something in his mouth long enough to use the “Drop it” command.  He is showing improvement with the "Down" command.  As we walked around the neighborhood tonight, a couple of strangers  commented he is doing much better!  LOL  Perhaps one of them is the one who asked previously, "Who is taking who for a walk?"

His report card says:
Upon arrival I was HAPPY
My activity level during my stay was  HIGH
During my stay I ate  EVERYTHING
I barked SOMETIMES
I was PLAYFUL, SWEET
My favorite Pooch Perk was PLAY TIME, POOL TIME, GROUP PLAY
Comments by my resort supervisor:  "Loves to run & play & jump  :) "

No comments: