Saturday, May 31, 2014

Toby Loves his Niece Daisy

My son Greg and his family are moving to Oklahoma.  They have a boxer, Daisy, who is becoming elderly and needed to be babysat while the move was in process.  She spent some days at home in her crate, but she came to Grandma's to play with Toby during the four days of the actual move.  Toby and Daisy had their first meeting at my house on Toby's turf.  It went very smoothly.  A few days later, Toby came to Daisy's house.  Toby was doing the "play bow" repeatedly wanting Daisy to play with him, but she is approaching an elderly state and was not interested in puppy play.  Nevertheless,  they bonded right away.

Daisy is experiencing urine leakage, so she came to Grandma's house with four beds, three of them needing to be laundered.  I intended to keep her in my large master bathroom, but she whined and cried in there without anyone around, so we set up extended baby fencing around the entrances to my kitchen to keep her barricaded there.  That worked much better!  She was happy, and Toby would ask to be let into the kitchen with her.  He preferred to be corralled in the kitchen with Daisy than to be able to roam the whole house without Daisy! 

I texted my vet nephew about Daisy's leaking problem.  He said it was an easy fix if I could get a urine sample.  Actually, it was simple to capture.  $503 later, we have medication (testing, overdue shot, pedicure, and heartworm prevention meds as well for her) which seems to be working already!

I took Daisy and Toby to Oklahoma today, the day their truck unloaded.  They both LOVE Daisy's new yard, but they weren't satisfied with just two acres.  They ventured across the street to the neighbor's yard.  My yelling at them brought the neighbors out.  The neighbors helped to catch the dogs and loaned me a couple of leashes (which I had neglected to bring).  Greg came over too and another neighbor who is "next door" beyond the trees to Greg's lot.  The neighbors are extremely friendly, helpful, and eager to meet Greg and family.  Dogs are great for breaking the ice!!!  :) 

No comments: