Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Spirited Dog!

Toby is coming into his own more and more!  He definitely has spirit and is beginning to do things which make me laugh.  He is doing more jumping up on me, which is not necessarily a good thing especially when his nail rips the skin on my arm, but it does indicate he has more initiative.   And I feel the love.  ;-)   I was sitting on the sofa this past week; he came barreling across the room towards me and leaped onto my lap!!!!  Oh, my!  Really. . .   I tried to explain to him he is not a lap dog, but he ignored my explanation.  He received kisses on the head. 

I can no longer call him laid back or polite, although, he is learning what "Leave it" and "Wait" mean, so he is becoming polite on command!  He is an active member of the household.

The only mischief he has caused is opening cupboards when I am away.  He opened a lower kitchen cabinet which holds trays and vases.  (Probably the door was slightly ajar.)  He took a small alabaster vase which my brother and wife brought to me from Egypt several years ago.  He dropped it on the floor and broke it.  Sad, but not the end of the world.  A couple of days after that he got into the pantry.  I probably left the door open.  :\   He ate THREE bags of treats!!!!  The day that happened, I gave him his dinner before realizing he had already eaten more than a dinner's worth of food!  There were no negative reactions for all of his gorging.  Fortunately! 

No comments: