Sunday, September 24, 2006

Bedtime

Daddy is complaining that we need a bigger bed now that Guinness has joined us. Hershey began the night in his bed, on the floor beside us. But, when we awoke in the morning, he mysteriously was on our bed. Hershey never disturbed our sleep. Guinness is not Hershey! Settling three of us takes some maneuvering. I read that, if you add up the number of feet in a bed and divide that sum into 100, you know what percentage each foot is apportioned of the bed. So with 8 feet, each foot is allowed 12.5%. That means that Daddy gets 25% of the bed; Mommy gets 25% of the bed; and Guinness gets 50%. Does that seem fair? But those are the “rules.”

I was expecting that 3 nights without Daddy would mean that I would have at least 50% of the bed. Not! Guinness snuggled right up to me. I awoke in the middle of the night to find that I was being pushed off the bed. Easy fix. I got up and walked around to Daddy’s side of the bed. It took all of 60 seconds for Guinness to realize I had moved, to shift his position and curl up close to me again, taking at least 75% of the bed. Shouldn’t I have had 33.3% of the bed and he 66.9%? It didn’t work that way! Yawn….

No comments: