Friday, September 29, 2006

Nightmare

Guinness and I were visiting my sister-in-law. She lives one block from the center of town which is denoted by the one stop light. Guinness was off leash and behaving as if he were Hershey. Suddenly, he bolted across the main street to a little plaza parking lot. Fortunately, no cars were coming. I ran after him calling his name and “Come!” frantically. When I also reached the parking lot, he took off towards the street again and started running down the road which no longer was empty of cars. My voice was now hoarse from screaming and my body was weak from running. I knew he was going to be killed. He was out of my sight … I awoke.

Two minutes later, I heard him racing up the stairs to jump on me, asking for his morning song. I leaped out of bed before he had a chance to slime me. Happily, I crooned “Good morning, good morning, good morning, I hope you’re feeling fine…”

No comments: