Thursday, September 28, 2006

Redux

This evening, Guinness managed to get in my closet and grab one of the new, dressy shoes I had worn today. I heard him prancing, so went to see what he had. I chased him around the dining room table, back up the stairs, and stood in the center of the bedroom as he ran around me, up on the bed and off again, sometimes audaciously brushing against me. When he is lying on the bed, if I move quickly, of course, he runs faster than I can move. But if I move slowly, I can occasionally trick him by playing “Creepy Mouse.” He is mesmerized as I casually walk two fingers across the bed to him, up his leg, until I can grasp the shoe. That doesn’t always work, but it did tonight on the third try.

I told Grant, “His Catch-Me-If-You-Can game is really annoying sometimes, but he is so cute about it. He just loves taunting me. He is not trying to be naughty; he is just having fun. I will be glad when he is old enough to stop stealing things, yet I will miss those fun times.”

No comments: